Website Platinum Bank
Providing a Means to a Dream
Vice President – SBA Manager
Chief Credit Officer
The SBA Manager is responsible for all aspects of the SBA lending program. Manages the SBA team that underwrites, packages, and closes SBA loans. Works with Lenders on SBA loan eligibility and structuring to ensure the Bank can rely on the SBA guarantee. Oversight of the SBA portfolio credit risk and quality of ongoing credit administration in accordance with the SBA SOP to ensure the PLP status is in good standing.
- Supervises the SBA Credit Analyst and SBA Credit Administrator and the quality of work performed.
- Monitors supervised employees for adhering to bank policies, procedures, and standards of conduct on a daily basis.
- Identifying weaknesses with the department and works directly with the Chief Credit Officer to implements an effective training program to provide employees with the tools to perform their job duties accurately and efficiently.
- Trouble shoots problems with staff as needed.
- Exhibits a positive attitude with staff to ensure a positive impact with respectful corrections of performance and behavioral problems, as well as the acknowledgement of accomplishments and contributions.
- The morale of employees is positively impacted by respectful correction of performance and behavior problems, and acknowledgment of their accomplishments and contributions.
Work Flow Management
- Works with Lending staff regarding SBA eligibility compliance before the credit request is assigned out for underwriting.
- Manages overall department workflow to ensure timely preparation of loan presentations, SBA packaging, and SBA compliance before a loan is closed.
- Ensures SBA servicing actions are processed timely and accurately.
- Identifies best practices for department processes that will make them faster and more efficient.
- Holds re-occurring staff meetings to manage workflow.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of the SBA required documents for all SBA loans. Ensures correct combination of documents will be prepared/received for each transaction to secure legal interests of the Bank and are in compliance with SBA, the Bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Oversight of the compliance and managing advances on EWCP lines of credit and CAPLines.
- Oversight of the SBA Loan draw requests and ensures accurate disbursement of funds.
- Works with Loan Operation on the 1502 Reporting and troubleshoots errors when they arise.
- Oversight of the SBA Post Closing process and addresses deficiencies as needed.
- Consults Credit Analysts in the underwriting process of SBA loans.
- Works with the CCO to identify areas of weakness in processes and develop procedures as needed
- Monitors credit quality of the SBA portfolio using the internal and external resources. Reports concerns as they arise.
- Stays abreast of changes to the SOP and makes recommendations to the Chief Credit Officer as necessary.
- Maintains all electronic filing so that necessary documents can be found easily, and documentation is consistent and complete.
- Positive interaction with all lending staff and assists other departments when needed.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GED required.
- 4 year college degree or 5+ years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Strong analytical skills that can be used to solve and resolve complex financial decision.
- Prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- Satisfactory skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Jack Henry applications desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com