Website Platinum Bank
Providing a Means to a Dream
SBA Credit Underwriter
Chief Credit Officer
The SBA Credit Underwriter is a development position where the individual will develop skills where he/she can analyze new and existing SBA and conventional borrowers, which includes analyzing financial statements, collateral positions and SBA eligibility on all government-guaranteed loans. The position assists with posting closing and servicing of the SBA loan portfolio to ensure the Bank can rely on the SBA guarantee.
Credit Risk Analysis
- Completes analysis of primarily SBA loans for origination and ongoing review purposes that meets the requirements of the SBA Standard Operating Procedures.
- Effectively transfers analyzed information to a written format where the decision maker can understand the risk of each loan.
- Works cooperatively with others. Plans and organizes own work, uses time effectively, sets appropriate priorities, and anticipates business needs.
- Ensures relationships are appropriately risk rated at all times and recommends risk rating changes to the Loan Officer in a timely manner.
SBA and Credit Administration
- Monitors and accurately calculates financial covenant defaults on all commercial borrowers.
- Assists with monitoring and updating tickler records within the Loan Management System.
- Assists with managing advances on EWCP lines of credit and CAPLines.
- Prepares SBA Loan draw requests and ensures accurate disbursement of funds.
- Performs pre- and post-closing files for SBA and Bank compliance purposes.
- Orders 3rd party reports for both SBA and non -SBA loans.
- Assists with maintaining the integrity of the data within the Bank’s loan management system, nCino.
- Assist with configuring and troubleshooting the Loan Management System
- Creatively think about how to originate loans faster, smarter and more efficiently using technology.
- Attend customer calls and learn how our sales team sources transactions and interacts with customers.
- Stays abreast of all SBA’s SOP requirements
- Maintains all electronic filing so that necessary documents can be found easily, and documentation is consistent and complete.
- Positive interaction with all lending staff and assists other departments when needed.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- 4 year college degree or 5+ years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Strong analytical skills that can be used to solve and resolve complex financial decisions.
- Prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- Satisfactory skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org