Website Platinum Bank
Providing a Means to a Dream
Payroll and Benefits Specialist
POSITION REPORTS TO.
HR and Talent Development Manager
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will complete and audit semi-monthly payrolls and administer benefits for Platinum Bank employees. This person will adhere to Platinum Bank service and quality standards and be a collaborative resource for internal human resources issues. This position will troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the essential functions listed.
Benefits and Compliance
- Conduct benefits enrollment and administration processes.
- Update records and process paperwork for personnel, benefits, and status changes as necessary.
- Works with benefits partners to process employee enrollment, claims, and coverage issues.
- Manage process to order apparel for new hires, business cards for new hires, other new hire gifts/materials.
- Conducts HR and personnel file maintenance.
- Maintains integrity of data in HRIS system, ensuring it’s clean and up to date.
- Completes verifications of employment as needed.
- Processes payroll in a timely manner and ensures accurate accounting entries are processed through the general ledger.
- Keeps up to date with various legal and tax issues that affect payroll
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions in a timely manner.
Employee Events and Communication
- Helps organize internal employee events
- Coordinates Platinum Gives Back employee volunteer and donation programs.
- Assists with distribution and collection of employees feedback and surveys.
- Collects and shares various employee communications as directed.
General Human Resources
- Backs up and assists with talent acquisition process as needed.
- Backs up and assists with employee development initiatives as needed
- Administers additional HR initiatives and projects as directed.
- Embody Platinum Bank’s core values.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist with companywide charitable efforts.
- Assist in other special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE.
- Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum human resources experience of 1-3 years
- Experience with internal controls/process
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Proficient skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Ability to make good quality decisions in a timely and decisive manner and systematically evaluate alternatives.
- Self-Management – Strong time management, work prioritization, and organizational skills; detailed oriented; self-motivation; actively seeks feedback and adapts behavior.
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Bank records and employee information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to HR@platinumbankmn.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org