Website Platinum Bank
Providing a Means to a Dream
Compliance & Risk Management Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: manage the bank’s risk management and compliance program; manage other designated compliance or risk related programs; provide policy oversight, perform designated officer duties, oversee and perform the bank’s internal audit and quality control functions; and provide training and guidance to bank management and employees.
Compliance and Risk Management
Manage and mature the bank’s compliance and risk management program. Assist management in identifying, assessing, and monitoring the risk associated with bank activities; works with management in developing controls that mitigate risk to a level acceptable to management, the board and related committees.
- Product Compliance – Review product information, including legal documentation and disclosures, for compliance with regulations. Evaluate and determine the impact of current and new legislative rules and regulations on the bank, it’s current / new products and projects.
- Marketing Compliance – Review all marketing and advertising material, and information published on the company website before publication to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; ensure that all communication to the public and customers presents the bank’s products and services clearly and accurately.
Hold the positions and related accountabilities for:
- BSA Officer – Serve as the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer. Responsibilities include:
- Complete and maintain a risk assessment identifying the bank’s money laundering, BSA, and OFAC risk;
- Ensure that the bank’s anti-money laundering (AML) program is effective and complies with regulatory requirements;
- Develop and maintain BSA training program, including online training schedules and supplemental training as needed;
- Maintain BSA policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the most efficient manner possible;
- Maintain a monitoring program to ensure BSA, AML, and OFAC procedures and controls are operating as intended.
- CRA Officer – Maintain the bank’s CRA Policy and public files; track and record community development activities, analyze the bank’s CRA performance compared to peer banks and provide related reports to management, the board and related committees and ensure staff is trained on CRA responsibilities related to their job functions.
Create, maintain, and obtain board/committee approval for policies.
Maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of banking regulations related to assigned job.
- Complete required compliance and job specific training.
- Act as compliance resource for all Bank personnel to research compliance questions.
- Strong knowledge of loan documentation compliance and deposit disclosure compliance.
Oversee and administer the bank’s internal audit function:
- Conduct internal audits and the approved audit plan
- Schedule outsourced audits
- Monitor corrective action in response to audit, examination, and quality control reports
- Ensure audit program is conducted in accord with professional standards to the degree appropriate for the bank’s size and structure
- Determine the bank’s compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Provide independent testing of internal controls, systems and accounting processes
- Assess the effectiveness of administrative controls
- Assess the efficiency of operations
- Verify compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures
- Provides reports for the Audit Risk Management Committee
Monitor regulatory environment for potential changes and, with department managers, devise and implement strategies for the Bank to comply with the changes in an orderly and timely manner. Areas to be addressed include:
- Required changes to policies, process or procedures
- Required changes to disclosures
- Identification of staff training needs and coordination of training activities
- Follow-up to ensure all changes are working as intended
- Coordinates with department managers to establish strategies for correcting any deficiencies found during the monitoring or audit process.
Coordinate compliance exams with regulators. Work with management and regulators throughout the exam as necessary. Coordinate any preliminary work, act as the primary contact during the audit process, and develop strategies for any corrections required.
Establish schedules for the bank’s compliance training program; assess the need for supplemental training; perform onsite training and/or facilitate online training for staff; ensure that staff is adequately trained when new laws are implemented or new products and services are introduced;
- Review consumer complaints and provides a periodic report of consumer complaints to management and the board.
- Review and finalize compliance items to be submitted to regulatory agencies or other entities by all required deadlines (e.g. HMDA reports, etc.)
- Chair Compliance Committee and coordinate agenda. Report the Banks’ identified compliance issues and risks, regulatory developments, and status of compliance projects to the Audit Risk Management Committee.
- Assist departments throughout the bank location with special projects and functions.
- Properly leverage third party network and resources when needed.
- All other duties as requested.
Education and/or Experience
- High School degree or GED required
- Preferred 4 year college degree
- (5+) years related bank compliance and audit experience required
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fraction, and decimals.
- Proven ability to problem solve,
- Prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions to customers’ satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details
- Satisfactory skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Jack Henry applications desirable.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org