Website Platinum Bank
Providing a Means to a Dream
Associate, Accounting and Internal Audit
The Accountant/Internal Auditor is a diverse role within a fast-growing community bank. The role’s primary accountabilities are to maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations, perform certain HR functions, and to create, and execute the internal audit program within the Bank. The role interacts with all departments in the bank while working closely with the finance, compliance, and human resources functions.
- Responsible for the recording of all investment purchases and monthly income and amortization entries.
- Prepares and records monthly accrual and prepaid items accounts.
- Responsible for the recording of all fixed asset purchases and monthly depreciation expense.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assists with financial statement, tax return and other examination preparation.
- Processes payroll in a timely manner and ensures accurate accounting entries are processed through the general ledger.
- Ensures HR personnel files and benefit change documentation is in order and accurate.
- Creates internal audit risk assessment.
- Creates audit schedule and audit scopes.
- Completes audits based on approved scope and schedule.
- Helps with process changes associated with audit findings.
- Assists departments with resolution of audit findings.
- Performs Surprise cash audits.
- Completes Interest Rate Risk Audit.
- Assists with Liquidity Stress tests.
- Supports certain recurring Compliance tasks.
- Backup to various Finance tasks.
- Back up for various HR tasks including vendor communications, employee communications, and compliance.
- Assists in other special projects as assigned.
- Supports document preparation for various committees.
- Complies with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE.
- Two- or Four-year college degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5 years related banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 + years’ experience with internal controls/process and a sound understanding of accounting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
- Ability to listen and speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Respects opinions of others.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Ability to make good quality decisions in a timely and decisive manner and systematically evaluate alternatives.
- Self-Management – Strong time management, work prioritization, and organizational skills; detailed oriented; ability to clearly define objectives, set personal goals, and monitor progress; displays self-motivation; actively seeks feedback and adapts behavior.
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality of all bank records and customer transactions.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet required deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills needed with the ability to multitask.
- Accuracy and efficiency with attention to details.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions.
This Position Description reflects management’s assignment of major responsibilities, which represent the majority of essential functions. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Interested parties may apply by emailing a resume to HR@platinumbankmn.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com